Have you ever wondered what those big, hose-like machines do when they drive around your neighborhood spraying water everywhere? Well, that’s power washing! It’s a cleaning technique that can quickly remove stubborn stains and layers of grime from surfaces like buildings, sidewalks, driveways, and decks.
As a leading provider of power washing in Woodbridge VA, we often encounter customers with questions about this service. This blog post answers some of the most frequently asked questions about power washing.
Power Washing vs. Pressure Washing: What’s the Difference?
Some professionals define power washing as a process that uses hot water, while pressure washing uses cold water. Others might also say that power washing involves much higher PSI (pounds per square inch) than pressure washing.
At Diamond Power Washers, we use the term power washing to refer to the process in general, regardless of the water temperature or amount of pressure used. This eliminates any confusion about the process and what our customers can expect.
Is Power Washing Safe?
Many worry that power washing in Woodbridge, VA is too harsh for their delicate surfaces. However, when done correctly, this technique is perfectly safe and can even prolong the lifespan of your surfaces. Our highly trained professionals use the optimal combination of pressure, heat, and cleaning solutions to safely and effectively clean your roofing, siding, brickwork, and more.
What Are the Benefits of Power Washing in Woodbridge, VA?
Both residents and business owners can enjoy these perks with regular power washing services:
- Visual appeal. Stained, grimy surfaces can make your whole property look neglected. Power washing quickly and easily restores your exterior’s original beauty.
- Enhanced safety. Do you have slippery algae or mildew on your deck, patio, or sidewalk? Power washing can eliminate these hazards, making your outdoor spaces safer for everyone.
- Prolonged lifespan. Leaving dirt, grime, and other debris on your surfaces can cause permanent staining and damage. With regular power washing, you can save money by extending the lifespan of your exteriors.
- Improved health. Power washing can also improve indoor air quality by removing mold, mildew, and other allergens from your exterior surfaces.
Learn About the Power Washing Process
At Diamond Power Washers we follow these essential steps for every Woodbridge pressure washing project:
- Inspection. We always begin a power washing service with a surface assessment to identify areas that require special care. This step is especially crucial for delicate surfaces like shingles.
- Preparation. Once we identify any areas of concern, we take the necessary steps to prepare the surface for cleaning. This step might involve taping off areas or using biodegradable solutions.
- Cleaning. Our experts use a calibrated pressure washer to clean the surface from top to bottom, paying close attention to any areas of concern.
- Post-cleaning inspection. Finally, we will check the project area with you to ensure your satisfaction.
Whether you need a deck refresh or driveway cleaning, the team at Diamond Power Washers has you covered. We have extensive experience maintaining both residential and commercial properties. Call to schedule your power washing in Woodbridge VA, today!